GMS Hosts Talent Show

December 9, 2020

Gladeville Middle School students recently proved that they had talent during the second annual Gladeville  Middle School Talent Show.  Unlike last year’s show, this year the show took place virtually.  According to Mr. Heim, the GMS band director, “Well, we did it a little bit differently this year.  We still had auditions, but it was all done through google classroom.  Students turned in video auditions.  We actually got to add in some visual art students this year, and they turned in some photos of their work.”  

The talent show was recorded after school and then edited together.  The fine arts teachers took extra safety precautions and recorded the students individually.  “We set up in the auditorium and recorded them just like they would perform in front of a live audience.  There was nobody there except us and the video camera,” stated Mr. Heim.  

Ava Rivera was last year’s winner and the hostess of this year’s talent show.  There were 19 acts with 20 total participants in this year’s show.  Dance, music, visual arts, and digital/print media were all the categories for this year’s show.  Each category had a winner and most had a runner-up.  The dance winner was Katie Krauss, and the runner-up was Sophie Kitchen.  For the next category, music, Ashton Hall was the winner, and Ronni McManus was the runner-up.  The winner of the visual arts section was Reagan Mosley, while Bella Abellanosa was the runner-up.  London Lomas was the winner of the digital/print media category.

Since this year was different, the contestants were judged on a point system.  Two contestants scored perfect scores of 30 total points.  As a result, there was a tie.  The overall winners of the talent show were Hailey Foster and James Nelson.  Hailey Foster wrote an essay on Marie Curie.  James Nelson played piano and harmonica and sang “Piano Man.”  

Even though this talent show was different, the performances were all outstanding.  The performers showed that GMS has a lot of talent.

Wildcat Weekly • Copyright 2021 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in